Red Chili Powder Recipe it sounds like something special and new It is specially for people in hurry . I suggest specially for Bachelor's as they won't get time to prepare curries every time . It is one of the substitute of your pickles .
Many times in home if we are in hurry my mom used to make this and this can be used for 10 days without losing it's taste . Even now also every time when i'm coming from home to hostel i bring with me as we won't get spicy food at Rourkela . What i do is , i just mix a spoon of this powder in my regular curry so that i will get my own required spiciness .
You can also eat this with rice directly still it gives some new flavour . You can also add in your regular dal and recipes .
red chili powder- 2 cup
coriander seeds - 1/2 cup
curry leaf powder - 2 tb spoon
chana dal (Bengal gram)- 1/4 cup
garlic - 10 no
salt- 4 tb spoons (as per your taste )
oil -2 tb spoon
mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
cumin seeds -1 spoon
1) Heat a flat pan add chana dal make dry roast for a min on slow flame , now add chopped garlic, coriander seeds, curry leaves .
2) Saute them evenly for 5 min on slow flame so that they loose their raw flavour .
3) Don't blacken any part while roasting stirre every time to fry them evenly.
4) Drop them in a blender make a coarse powder (not fine powder) transfer it to a bow
5) Take the same pan add oil , after heating oil add mustard seeds and cumin seeds after a small break swith off the flame .
6) Now add chili powder,salt and prepared mixture mix it real good so that both masala and chili powder mix well
Wow we prepared it , taste it if you need add little more salt allow it to cool then transfer to a air tight glass bottle .Then you can use it for 10 days
Try this and enjoy a new dish , we can use this in many places and we can prepare in many ways we will see it later ...