Monday, April 08, 2013
Coconut Chicken Curry
Chicken - 500gm
Onions- 4 no
Green chillies- 6-8 nos
Ginger garlicpaste - 1 tb spoon
Salt - as per taste
Red chilli powder - 1 tb spoon
Coconut - 2cups (grated)
Coriander powder - 1 tb spoon
Cloves - 04
Cinnamon sticks - 3 "
Bay leaves - 4 small
Oil - 100ml
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
1) Chop 2 onions ,greeen chillie and coriander leaves.
2) Dry roast one cup of coconut powder then keep it aside
3) Blend other part to fine paste by adding little water
4) Blend green chillies and 2 onions together to fine paste.
5) Now take a bowl and add chicken , turmeric,red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and curd.
6) Mix the chicken well and keep it aside about 15 mins.
7) Heat oil in a pan, then add Cloves,Cardamom, Cinnamon, bay leaves and saute them for a while.
8) Now add chopped onion , fry them till brown.
9) Add raw coconut paste and green chillies paste and fry till it oozes out oil.
10) Now add marinated chicken and mix well about 10mins on medium flame.
11) Add one glass full water to it and check seasoning , if required add little more salt.
12) Add Coriander powder and cook chicken till it becomes soft.
13) Finally add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
Serve it hot with naans, roti, rice or puri