Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Cookedr ice - 4 cups
coconut grated - 1 cup
green chilly - 4 nos
red chilly - 2 nos
moong dal - 1 tb spoon
urad dal - 1 tb spoon
ground nuts - few (optional)
other nuts - optional
salt - to taste
oil- 1 and half tb spoon
curry leaves - few
coriander leaves - 1/8th cup
finely chopped onion - 1 no
1) Wash and soak dal for 5 mins.
2) Cook rice and keep a side ( shouldn't be smashy)
3) Chop green chillies, onion and red chillies.
4) Grate the fresh coconut, Now heat oil in a pan.
5) Add onions, green chillies and salt, stir them till nice brown color.
6) Add moong dal and urad dal and mix it for 2 mins .
7) Now add curry leaves, red chillies and grated coconut and mix for 5 mins on low flame.
8) As they just done, now add rice to it and mix well.
9) finally sprinkle some coriander leaves on top and mix till the rice becomes hot.
Serve it hot with any gravy or with raitha, it goes well.
Here i used ground nuts and cashew nuts instead of dals, this is another variation , even you skip all dals and nuts ..:)