It's a wonderful gravy item, which goes fantastic in parties.Served with Roti, Kulcha and Rice.
Ingredients:Potato- 500 gm
Tomatoes- 250 gm(ripen)
Onion- 3-4 medium size
Green chilles - 4(cut into pieces)
Oil- 100 ml
Curry leaves- 5-6
Mustard seeds- 1/ tea spoon
Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tb spoon
Red chilli powder- 1 tea spoon
Turmeric- 1/ tea spoon
Coriander powder- 1 tb spoon
Coriander leaves- 1 bunch (chopped)
Salt- to taste
Water- 1 glass
1) Boil potato till they become soft ( generally it takes 15 mins) and peel out the skin.
2) Chop onion, green chillies and keep ready. Make tomatoes paste in grinder.
1) Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds to hot oil after add onion, green chillies, pinch of salt, and curry leaves to it and stir onions turns brown.
2) Ginger garlic paste to it and stir till the raw flavor goes away, then add turmeric and mix it once.
3) Add tomato, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and cook it for 5 mins, till oil oozes out.
4) Add potato (1/2 smashed and 1/2 cut into pieces) and a glass of water then mix it. cook it slowly till it becomes thick gravy.(say 5 min on medium flame)
5) Finally add coriander leaves and switch off stove.
Enjoy your meal..:)
PC: Chef Raghavendra