A True Desi Recipe that will leave your palate wanting for more..........!!!!!!!!
chicken bird - one normal size (1.5 - 2kg)
ginger garlic - 1 and 1/2 spoon
oil- 2 tb spoon
coconut powder - 1 tb spoon
onion - (1+1) nos
coriander leaves - 1 cup
mint leaves - 1/2 cup
green chili - 4 nos
red chili powder - 1 tb spoon(as per taste)
turmeric - a pinch
coriander powder - 1 tb spoon
cloves - 4 nos
cinnamon -4 nos(1 inch each)
poppy seeds-2 tb spoons
black pepper - 4-6 nos
cardamom - 4 nos
black cardmom - 2 nos
salt - as per taste
bay leaves - 2 nos
Preparations of Chicken:
1) Take a 1.5 - 2 kg country chicken bird (desi), cut off it's head and remove feathers .
2) Roast it evenly for 15-20 mins on charcoal till the skin turns to dark brown .
3) Apply turmeric and oil mixture on it and wash it with water
4) Now cut all the bird into required size pieces .
Preparation of Masala :
1) Heat 1 tb spoon oil in a pan then add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves, black cardamom, black pepper, mace, green chilli season them on very slow flame for 5 mins
2) Now add coconut powder and poppy seeds then roast these till the color changes.
3) Put all these spices in blender(grinder) make coarse paste by adding little water.
4) Take one onion and make its paste in blender and mix it with ginger garlic paste.
Preparation of Curry:
1) Take a dish add oil and chopped onion, sprinkle little salt & fry till it is 70% cooked.
2) Now add onion and ginger garlic paste and fry it till raw flavour goes away.
3) Add chicken, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt .
4) Fry chicken for 10 - 15 mins on medium flame, don't allow blackening of any part.
5) Now add water(till whole chicken is immersed and then add one extra glass) and prepared masala.Cook finely.
6) Finally add coriander leaves and mint leaves and switch off stove.
Caution: Please adjust spices according to your taste.
Enjoy this delicious dish with naans, roti, rice ....!!!!!